topbannerl
jimmysanders
mrjimmy
Jimmy Sanders has been leaving footprints in your fields and earning your trust for more than a half-century. In fact, no one understands the unique needs of Mid-South agriculture more than the folks at Jimmy Sanders. That's why today, more and more producers are turning to Jimmy Sanders for all of their farm supply needs and the latest technologies. Please visit any of our retail locations to learn more about us.

For those associated with agriculture, the name “Jimmy Sanders” is well known throughout the Mid-South. In fact, even for those not involved in the business, his name is still recognized as one who built one of the most respectable businesses in the Mid-South. Although Mr. Jimmy passed away in 1998, his name and legacy continue.

storefrontFounded in Cleveland, Mississippi, in 1953, Jimmy Sanders, Inc. has become one of the leading farm supply distribution businesses in the Mid-south with 105 locations in ten states, including Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Texas, Oklahoma and Maryland. The company is multifaceted in its operations which include agricultural chemical distribution, seed production and sales, bulk handling of fertilizer and, through its award-winning OptiGro® program, precision agriculture services. The company also provides wildlife food plot products and services through its Wildwood Genetics® brand. Jimmy Sanders, Inc. has been a good friend to Mid-South farmers since 1953 and has contributed significantly to the area and the economy.

loaderA native of Tippo, Mississippi, Jimmy Sanders came to Cleveland to attend college at Delta State. He began his career as a bookkeeper for the Goyer Company. This job was interrupted by World War II during which he served in the Air Force. After the war, Jimmy Sanders returned to Cleveland working for Russell-Heckel Seed Co. based in Memphis. In 1953, at 40 years of age, Jimmy Sanders decided it was time to start his own farm supply company. The business was named Jimmy Sanders Seed Company and was housed in a rented warehouse. As the business grew, in 1957, Jimmy Sanders built his first grain elevator and named it Sanders Elevator Corp. In 1964, Jimmy Sander's son, Mike, returned from college to help his father manage the company. That year another corporation, Cleveland Chemical Company, was formed as the wholesale distribution arm. As the company grew, in the early seventies, the first branch in Hollandale Mississippi was built and the first location outside Mississippi, called Cleveland Chemical of Arkansas, was established in Wynne, Arkansas in 1974.

In the early 1980’s, Jimmy Sanders Seed Co. built its first bulk dry and liquid fertilizer facility at the Port of Rosedale. These expansions were instrumental in allowing the company to expand its markets by gaining access to the Mississippi River and becoming less dependent on trucking and rail. With the distribution components in place, Jimmy Sanders Seed Co. gradually added outlets throughout the Mid-South. By putting its loyal grower customers first and supporting its local communities, the company has enjoyed steady, consistent growth, which endures to this day.

lightIn December of 1995, Jimmy Sanders Seed Co., Cleveland Chemical Co., Sanders Elevator Corp., and Cleveland Chemical Co. of Arkansas were merged into Jimmy Sanders, Inc.. Mr. Jimmy’s grandson, Michael, joined the company in 1998, extending the distinctive family leadership and culture into the third generation. Jimmy Sanders founded his company based on the principles of integrity and hard work. These are the bedrock principles that Jimmy Sanders, Inc. will strive to maintain far into the 21st century.

core_principles

commodities

drbob
careers

farmn

linkedin
 
agrian
LABEL LOOKUP

agcelerate
© Copyright 2011 Jimmy Sanders, Inc.